Dara Abdulla Qadir Al-Banna
College of Nursing
Department of Nursing
Dara Abdulla Qadir Al-Banna has PhD degree in Stroke Rehabilitation from Hawler Medical University. He is a lecturer at Hawler Medical University, Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq. He teaches different courses including Fundamental and Medical-Surgical Adult Nursing, Medical Rehabilitation, Basic Life Support (First Aid), Global Health Care, Hospital Management, Professional Ethics, Research Methodology, and Biostatistics.
Acting as editorial board member and reviewer in national and international scientific journals.
His current works at the university are digitalization of the learning process, quality management system based on international Standardizations of ISO 9001:2015, capacity building, professional development that focus on developing human and technical capacity to step out toward smart-university through international standards based on the unified process model in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 19796-(1,2,3,4) that helpful for ITLET-Information Technology for Learning, Education, and Training in improving quality and international ranks of Hawler Medical University.
He has more than 20 publications in the national and international valuable journals. His current research work is mainly related to Stroke Rehabilitation and quality improvement through e-Learning and e-Health informatics management systems.
Before pursuing the academic career, he established seven years of experience in the emergency management nursing care and laboratory in charge at virtual-simulation based laboratories, and as a clinical instructor in teaching hospitals.
Furthermore, he is involved in nursing curriculum development in the establishment of many private medical institutions, joined the International Rescue Committee IRC projects in Erbil displacement camps. It has more than 30 awards and prices.
He has more than 20 publications in local and international scientific valuable journals. His current research work is mainly related to Stroke Rehabilitation and e-Health Informatic.
Researcher ID: D-9032-2014
Google Scholar: h-index: 2, i10-index: 2
Arab Researcher ARID id: 0001-6221
Publons for Reviewers: 1245855
1. NURSING STUDENTS’ PERCEPTION ABOUT ACADEMIC DEBATE SUBJECT IN HAWLER MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
2. Disability Assessment of Diabetic Patients in Erbil City
3. Effectiveness of Teaching Program on Knowledge and Practice of Insulin Self-Administration in Diabetic Patients
4. Feedback on Teaching Evaluation for Master Students in College of Nursing -Erbil City between Years 2012-2014
5. Nurses’ Knowledge regarding Ebola Virus Disease in Erbil City
6. Impact of Education Program on Breast Self Examination among a group of Kurdistan Women Union / Erbil City
7. Assessment of Social Phobia Level among Nursing Students at Hawler Medical University in Erbil City-Iraq
8. Healthy Lifestyle for Clients Attending to Primary Health Care Centers in Erbil City
9. Relation of Socio-economic Status of Parents and Peers on Cigarette Smoking Behavior of Teenagers in Secondary Schools for Boys in Bnaslawa District
10. Effectiveness of a health education programme on Sarsang primary school age children regarding oral hygiene in Erbil city
11. Awareness and practice concerning osteoporosis and its prevention among a sample of Kurdish women
12. Knowledge of Breast cancer patients regarding side effects of chemotherapy at Rizgary teaching hospital in Erbil city-Iraq
13. Risk Factors of Hip Fracture among Elderly in Erbil City: A Case-Control Study
14. Core Professional and Personal Values of Nurses about Nursing in Erbil City Hospitals: A Profession, Not Just Career
15. IMPACT OF NURSES SATISFACTION ON WORK PERFORMANCE
16. The Impact of Teaching the Creative writing by FOCUS
Strategy to Develop
17. Association between Vitamin D Deficiency and Bacterial
Vaginosis among First Trimester Pregnant Women in Erbil
18. Healthy Individuals and Coronary Artery Disease Patients Knowledge regarding Diet and Exercise in Erbil City: A Comparative Study
19. Risk Factors Associated with Stroke among Elderly Adults: A Case-Control Study
20. Barriers to Adherence to Post-stroke Exercise Program: A Qualitative Study into the Experiences of Patients with Stroke
21. Mobile Cloud Learning fo Hawler Medical University: A Case Study of DBMS's in the Cloud
22. Patient Satisfaction with the Health Care Services Provided by Hospitals in Erbil City
- PhD Student Nursing/College of Nursing/Hawler Medical University/ Iraq 2016- 2020
Dissertation: Effect of Rehabilitation Exercise on Activities of Daily Living among Stroke Patients: An Embedded Mixed-Method Study
- M.Sc. Nursing/College of Nursing/Hawler Medical University/ Iraq 2012-2013
Thesis: Disability Assessment of Diabetic Patients in Erbil City
- B.Sc. Nursing/College of Nursing/Hawler Medical University/Iraq 2008-2009
- B.Sc. Law/College of Law and Political Science/Salahaddin University/Iraq 2006-2007
- Diplom. Medical Institute/Medical Institute/Erbil Polytechnique University/ Iraq 1998-1999
Fundamental of Nursing, Adult Nursing, Basic Emergency Life Support - First Aid, Medical Biostatistics-SPSS, Medical Research Methodology, Consolidation, English Language-Medical Terminology, Psychiatric Nursing, Global Health Care, and Health Administration Ethics.
1. Associated Editor in Erbil Journal of Nursing and Midwifery.
2. Kurdistan Professionals Health Syndicate.
3. Kurdistan Scientific Nurses Association.
4. Jurists' Syndicate of Kurdistan.
5. Kurdistan Nurses and Midwifery Organization.
6. Union of Kurdistan Teachers.
7. International Rescue Committee IRC.
8. Erbil Nursing and Midwifery Development Program.
9. Planning of Continuous Nursing Education Committee in Ministry of Health.
- View Private Records